The residency is addressed to artists and curators, regardless of age, gender or nationality.
We are particularly interested in emerging or professional artists and curators, whose researches demonstrate a coherence with the concept of Condominium-Museum and its guidelines, or more in general, with the thematic that Kaninchen-Haus has examined over the course of its history.
- Action and artwork to be realized in the common spaces of the Condominium-Museum (hall, garden, terrace, five floors, stairs) as well as cultural activities able to engage with the community of the Condominium and/or the neighborhood, enabling new relations and dialogues. By way of example, they could be: paintings, graphics, light or interactive installations, audiovisuals experiments or films, performances, action in the garden, and in general, participatory and relational activities, able to forecast since the beginning, the possibility of being modified, developed by the live interactions and exchanges with the communities.
- Projects addressed to the local community, the neighborhood, the district of Porta Palazzo, or a specific target located in the city of Turin
- Workshop or seminar proposal
- Project development about the relation between art and new technologies
- a furnished bedroom within a two bedrooms apartment within the Condominium-Museum, Internet access, electricity and a fully-furnished kitchen;
- Free access to the Office and the working space inside the building (90 sq);
- Insurance coverage;ì
- Technical assistance during the creation and the set up;
- Opportunity to collaborate with students from the Albertina Academy of Fine Arts, a net of local artisans, manual labourers
- networking with institutions, curators, gallerists, collectors and other artists
- Exhibition space for the final presentation (N.B. production costs are not included but – if interested – should be provided as extra fee. Nevertheless we always provide the space for a public presentation or talk at the end of the residency);
- Curatorial tutoring by Kaninchen-Haus;
- A small staff available for assistance, translation and studio needs;
- Press office, Networking, communication and promotion activities: viadellafucina16 boasts a press office and a mailing list with more than 14.000 contacts; social channels(Facebook more than 4000 followers, Twitter, Instagram)
- Possibility of public talk, workshop, masterclass, open to the local community
- Video and Photo documentation of the residency
- Individual presentation at the end of each residency
- A final collective exhibition during the Turin Artweek (November) within the context of NESXT and
- Collective VDF AIR catalogue publication presented every year during the Artweek
The duration of the residencies may vary from 1 to 4 weeks depending on the complexity of the project.
Longer periods of stay can be evaluated upon request.
Monthly: € 1.500/2.000.
Weekly: € 630.
Production costs non included.
Artist are free to donate their artworks, which will be part of the permanent collection of the Condominium-Museum.
Questo post è disponibile anche in: Italian